• Mass differentiation, ability to offer custom-made products based on a standard product.
• In line to the previous point, the make to order processes are becoming more prelevant.
• Technological breakthroughs in engines: electric vehicles, hybrids.
• Increasingly stronger alliances between manufacturers and major players in the WEB (driverless vehicle, integration with smartphones, geolocation).
A complete service offer
• Car-rental, financing, and leasing services
• Emergence of new uses: carpooling, multimodal transport offer
• Automotive maintenance
• Competition on spare parts supply
• Internet competition for distribution, faster and customer-oriented order management
Pressure on costs, environmental impact and design to cost
• Environmental requirements, tougher norms.
• Pooling of components, platforms.
• Automation of production, automation of internal logistics.
• Strong R&D investment needed to stay in the market, coupled with outsourcing of R&D to suppliers
Responsiveness, traceability and just-in-time
• Shared and transversal vision of the Supply Chain with customers and suppliers.
• Growing weight of supplier management, automated information exchange, accurate leadtime requirement driven by late penalties.
• A highly variable demand that imposes increased industrial flexibility to capture markets.
• Small series: manufacture to order, additive manufacturing, reduced lifecycles, product switch management, ramp-up, ramp-down, index change management.
• The triangle quality, security and tracing is more stringent.
• Arrival of new entrants: new brands, increased competition from emerging countries with pressure on prices and innovation.
• Consolidation of car and equipment manufacturers to reach a critical size and smooth the risks by geographical areas/markets.
• Economies of scale by the standardisation of practices.
• Oversea sourcing and lead-time increase.
• Decentralisation of design, development, and production.
Your problems and our solutions
Harmonise and accelerate exchanges with your customers, your factories, and your suppliers
Managing partner of the firm and specialist of Supply Chain operations management and Lean Management in the Automotive industry, Antoine led projects for Doyen Auto, Autodistribution, Mobivia and Faurecia after having occupied management positions in Supply Chain for a parts manufacturer and a car manufacturer.